The disability sector is rapidly evolving in India. It is time for the governments, corporate sector, education institutes and NGO to think of how to innovate and adapt to meet the needs of people with disabilities and how society needs to evolve so as to create an inclusive environment.
The 4th edition of Techshare India has a lot to prove post the success of 2008, 2010 and 2012. Just like these previous editions, we continue our aim of creating an inclusive society that does not discriminate against people with disabilities. Techshare India 2014 will focus on implementation of existing and new technologies and will work towards closing the gap that exists today.
Techshare India 2014 will focus on Innovate – Adapt – Evolve theme
under four verticals:
- Accessible Technology
- Laws, Policies & Standards
Techshare India 2014 will focus on Innovate–Adapt-Evolve theme under four verticals:
- Education– Whether it is primary, secondary, college level or vocational education, it is imperative for educators, parents and rehabilitation specialist to understand how they can innovate and adapt the existing and new technology to support the student with disabilities. If Education for All has to be a reality, we need to bridge the gap in implementation and provide them with the assistive aids and technologies required to meet their needs. It is important that the authorities in charge of education at all levels realize the reach of technology and implement it to attain Education for All.
- Employability – For employers today, equal opportunity is key, how do we integrate people with disabilities into the corporate culture wherein there are numerous hurdles that people face in using the infrastructure whether physical or technological. How can assistive technology be adapted and implemented so as to develop a self-sustainable population.
- Accessible technology– With technology evolving so fast, ensuring that people with disabilities are included and that web, mobile or any technology is accessible is the key question. The technology companies need to see how they can innovate and adopt to the needs of people with disabilities and how they can ensure that their products and services are accessible to all. People from research and development can bring a whole new meaning to accessible technologies.
- Laws, Policies & Standards – One way to ensure implementation is by enforcing laws, policies and standards that will provide direction on how people can implement accessibility & assistive technology. Various government and non-government bodies can come together to spread awareness, identify gaps and provide solutions.
Who should attend Techshare India 2014:
- Governmental Organizations
- International Standard making organizations
- Corporates working on Equal Opportunity
- Diversity & HR Managers
- CTO/Project Manager/ Product Specialist/ Software Testers
- UI Designer / Web Developers
- E-commerce Companies
- Educators & Academicians
- Disability Organizations
- Rehabilitation Specialists like Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist, Audiologist, Optometrist, Ophthalmologist
- Students from B.Sc IT/ Engg / B.Ed/ Rehabilitation Specialists
- Family of disabled
- People with disabilities
Be a part of Techshare India 2014, and join us in empowering the people with disabilities. So come and learn how you can innovate, adapt and evolve with regards to accessibility & assistive technology within your organization!