About Techshare India 2014
The fourth edition of Techshare India held on 13 & 14 February 2014, at the India Habitat Center, New Delhi was a major success. The 2 day accessibility & assistive technology conference and exhibition set people to think on how to innovate and adapt to meet the needs of people with disabilities and how society needs to evolve so as to create an inclusive environment.
With the main focus on implementation of ideas, knowledge and technology solution towards creating an inclusive society, Techshare India 2014 was well appreciated and attracted a huge number of participants across the globe.
The event was inaugurated by Stefan Sjöström – Vice President Asia, Public Sector, Microsoft Operations Pte Ltd, Neil Heslop- Group Director, RNIB, Javed Abidi – Honorary Director, NCPEDP and Shilpi Kapoor – Founder, BarrierBreak.
The exhibition at Techshare India 2014 was inaugurated by Stuti Kacker – Secretary to Govt. of India, and Avinash Awasthi – Joint secretary, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
With the main objective to bridge the digital and demographic divide, ‘Techshare India 2014’ set a platform towards promoting accessibility and assistive technology for people with disabilities.
Highlights of Techshare India 2014
- 800 delegates on Day 1 and over 650 delegates on Day 2
- Delegates from across the globe including from Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, SriLanka, USA, UK etc
- Exhibition showcasing ‘Inclusive Science Lab’ and ‘Inclusive Library’
- 2000 visitors including disabled, caretakers, and the aged
- 40 Exhibition stalls displaying assistive aids and services pan disability
- 40 plus speakers
© 2015 BarrierBreak. All rights reserved.