About Techshare India 2010
Techshare India 2010 held on 15th – 16th February 2010 at New Delhi was a major success. Techshare India 2010 was inaugurated by Honorable Minister, Shri Mukul Wasnik, Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
India, a sleeping giant is now waking up. Waking up to a more evolved society with a changing mindset, growing infrastructure, more reach to technology and a greater impetus to education. Waking up to bridge the barriers which hinder the evolution of about sixty million disabled Indians to the so called normal Indians.
Technology can bridge this gap and Techshare works towards bridge the distance between you and the sixty million.Techshare India was visited by 500 delegates who were from government, corporates, NGO’s, educators and people with disabilities.
Besides it has a pan disability conference, where 40 exhibitors showcased their products and services.
Objectives of Techshare India 2010
- Accelerating consciousness about accessibility
- Offering a platform for knowledge sharing
- Extending the use of assistive technology
Conference and Exhibition Highlights
- Organizing committee featuring international bodies such as Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB), UK
- Over 500 delegates from government, non-profit, education institutes, and corporate from across the globe
- 50 plus speakers
- 4 Tracks
- 6 accessibility workshops
- State-of-the-art Experience lab showcasing assistive technology
- Exhibition with 40 plus stalls displaying assistive aids and services pan disability
Techshare India 2010 in the News
- Accessibility for all could be a future business model for some on Mar 22, 2010External Website Livemint the wall street journal
- Tech empowering the differently-abled on Mar 08, 2010 Living Digital 2.0
- A ray of hope for the differently-abled in India on Feb 26, 2010 The Economic Times
- Tech tricks to survive on Feb 20, 2010 The Times of India
- Disabled too have rights to access technology on Feb 16,2010 CIOL
- Europe’s Biggest Technology Event ‘Techshare India 2010′ to Promote Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities inaugurated in Delhi on Feb 16, 2010 IT News Online
- Can you think of a life without technology?!! on Feb 15,2010 Disable Right Group
© 2015 BarrierBreak. All rights reserved.